Breastfeeding Troubles

Kaitlyn • 2014/2018/2020/2021/2022

I have such a hard time breastfeeding.

With my son I was 18 and he gained weight from birth but was constantly wanting to feed. Around five months we had to substitute formula because I wasn’t keeping up with his needs.he was born 9lbs 2 oz.

Both my kids were 41+ at birth.

My daughter breastfeeding was an absolute nightmare.

From day one we seemed to struggle, she was born 10lbs 8.8 oz and lost a pound after birth. It took six hard weeks for her to get back to her birth weight. She was constantly eating. I knew something wasn’t right, and was beating myself up for it.

I tried oatmeal, blue Gatorade, ledge dairy milk supplements, went to see a lactation consultant was feeding and pumping every two hours. And barely getting an ounce or two per day. We did the SNS system and formula.

When she was eight months I found out I was pregnant again, I’m now 23 weeks and already dreading my breastfeeding journey with this one.

I know the benefits, and really wish I could produce like some other mothers, I follow instagram pages and it just makes me break down to see people wit such success and I can’t even produce enough for the day. Part of me wants to skip it, but honestly I don’t.

I have two different pumps, and will be buying a hands free one.

Done the legendarily milk supplements, every single one of them. I noticed a higher fat content but no production increase.

I bought fenegreek but was too nervous to try it as my supply was already dwindling.

Has any one else struggled and been able to increase their supply?

Thank you