Abused and scared.

Hi everyone. I’m just looking for a little bit of help. A month ago, my ex boyfriend went to jail for domestic violence towards me. While we were out, he suddenly had an outburst and started yelling at me and calling me names. I said I wanted to leave the relationship and he went all crazy. He took his knife and tried to threaten me of killing himself while he was driving his truck. I tried to call 911 but he took my phone away and started yelling at me to get out of truck while it was moving. He drove recklessly on the freeway while I begged for him to let me go. We got to a parking lot and a witness called the police and they took him away. I got a protection order and he was not supposed to contact me at all... but of course he did. He went to a psychiatrist and he has borderline personality disorder and he has been using it to justify the abuse.

I told him I cant continue the relationship because I’ve been struggling, feeling scared, trapped and I’m emotionally exhausted (been trying to leave the relationship since July). He refused to accept my decision and told me that I still love him and that I’m hurting myself by moving on so I decided to block him on everything. Yesterday, he started calling me on my phone using an unknown number. He sent me a message on snap (where I thought he wasnt on because we never used it) and he told me that if I dont become friends with him, he will sue me for giving him herpes.

Before we started the relationship, I disclosed to him through text about herpes. I told him that I want him to know so he can make an informed decision about it. He responded that it was okay because he liked me but now he is using it against me. I am so scared even if I still have the text to prove it. I called the cops on him cause he’s threatening me and I’m scared and he’s violating his restraining order but now I’m even more scared of what he can do.

Someone please help me. What do you think I should do? I just want to be free. I already have low self esteem and even with the restraining order, he still finds a way to pull me down. Please help.