Gravy burgers anyone? 😋

Ch

Okay these are called different things from person to person. In my home we call them gravy burgers.

I made some last night for my SO family . And they fell in love .

These are made with elk but I do the same thing with beef.

Recipe :

2 lbs of red meat ( beef, elk, whatever blend you like for burger)

Half a medium onion

Garlic (I like fresh but powder works )

Salt, Pepper, Paprika

Brown gravy mix (I made mine scratch) .

Directions : combine meat, with diced /minced onion, garlic and seasoning to taste. Form your patties . Put them in an already hit deeper skillet( one you can pour gravy over ) that is already hot . Cook a couple minutes on each side (it’s about 3-4 min each side for these) . Don’t flip till it’s good and seared. Once cooked pour your gravy over (if your making with packet , just mix your gravy powder and water in cup and pour over the burgers in skillet keep the eat higher((medium high )) so the gravy starts to bubble , stir and then down). Reduce heat and let simmer on low for 5-10 min. Serve with some gravy on top.

You can pair this with mashed potatoes (can top with the gravy ) and green beans. Mine last night was paired with my black eye peas (if you seen my elk steak post you get the idea 😉) and homemade cornbread (this cornbread fell apart I put a little too much sweet corn in the mix ).