Am I in the wrong here? Or are they overreacting?

Taryn

So, for our first baby my parents bought us this HUGE crib with an attached changing table and drawers. When we first got it there were a couple of issues with putting it together that my husband had to work around, we really didn’t want to have to deal with returning it or upset my parents by telling them that since my husband could “fix it”.

Well, we were moving, we weren’t planning on having another kid for at least 5 years and we were going to transition our son in to a regular bed. It just so happens that a friend of ours was going to have a kid, they couldn’t afford much so my husband and I decided to offer the crib to them so that they could have something nice (although a bit jerry rigged) for their daughter.

I didn’t tell my parents about this decision initially, which I will take full responsibility for and see how it could upset them.

We are due with our 2nd baby in July (it’s only been a few months since we gave away the crib, but we gave it away before we knew) and my parents want me to ask for it back? They’re not taking no for an answer even though we already have a safer and more compact crib available to us.

Are they overreacting? Am I completely in the wrong and need to ask for it back?

Vote below to see results!