My birth story. TL;DR it was great!

Quin

So my son was measuring pretty big at 36 weeks and I was SOOO uncomfortable being preggers so my doc and I agreed to an induction at 39 weeks. So Monday January 20th we checked in the hospital at 8pm. I got all set up and was only dilated to a 2 and 50% effaced. So I got a Foley balloon. Not surprising, it hurt! But about 2 hours later it came out and I was at a 4.

I was able to get a little sleep before they started my pitocin at 4am. My contractions were very regular but I could barely feel them. I was more comfortable on the pitocin than with the Foley balloon. But I wasn't really progressing so I had my water broken about 7am. I was NOT prepared for how much liquid would be GUSHING out of me with each contraction. I was amazed and horrified.

After that my contractions got very intense very fast and by 830 I was begging for the epidural. I was so scared I had waited too long because my contractions were HORRIBLE. I was having back labor and the relief I felt when the epidural kicked in was crazy. I could barely think because the pain was so bad. I'm thankful it was brief and my anesthesiologist was such a pro. It was textbook perfect and I relaxed for the rest of the morning and afternoon. At 530 my OB came in to tell me she was about to go into a 2 hour meeting and that I would hopefully not deliver before then. (Spoiler alert, I did lol).

A little after 6 I felt like he was really engaged and I felt a lot of pressure. They checked me and I was fully dilated so they set me up to start pushing. The doctor on call and my nurse both figured it'd be an hour or 2 of pushing so no one was really in any rush. Except my son lol.

40 minutes later at 7:10 pm my son Silas James was born. 8lbs 12 oz 20.5 inches long. I had two 1st degree tears and 3 stitches. We went home the next night and everything was great.

I have read so many horror stories on these forums so I was just sure something bad was gonna happen during my labor. Thank you God that wasn't the case. To any other first time mom's reading labor stories to prepare yourself, it's gonna be okay.

Here's my smiley boy :)