Was I mean to him or is he just toxic?

I started talking to this guy in late December and he seemed really sweet but he quickly showed to be very insecure, clingy, a bit condescending at times, and was... “too serious”?

In January, he ended up unadding me on Snapchat only to add me back a few hours later to say how he was just insecure and scared. He did this twice. Another thing of his was that he would get bothered if I didn’t text him or took more than 5-10 minutes to reply. (Both of these are issues he stated himself) For example, I left him on open for 2 days bc I got caught up in something and forgot to reply. I texted him trying to flirt last night and he was being super passive aggressive. When I tried to communicate, he made an argument out of it and said that I just didn’t care about him and that being busy wasn’t an excuse for not texting him. It irritated me but I let it go.

Then this morning we were fine and I tried to be sweet & tell him I wanted to cuddle. He told me he was sick and didn’t know me enough to meet up. I jokingly called him mean and put the laughing emoji at the end. He ended up getting really rude about it and said that I was mean and when I asked how, he said I “should look at how I talk to him”. When I tried to explain it was a joke, then it turned to “you should make it more obvious then”. But we BOTH have joked like that before and he’s done the same exact thing to me multiple times, I’ve also explained to him that is how I play around and that I do it with everyone in my life. so I don’t get how he didn’t realize it was a joke. I feel he just took it as an opportunity to gaslight me and make me feel guilty. (This screenshot was after I realized why he was even upset because at first he wouldn’t explain it. I say he just wants to fight bc at first it was about “how mean I am” then about how I didn’t specify about joking)

Vote below to see results!