Help me, please. help *sleep training*

🦄 • 🤱🏻👨‍👩‍👦

So for those mamas who have successfully sleep trained.

I’m trying to sleep train my son who’s 12 months. We are on day two, of the second try. And it’s not going great. He has progressed to standing in his crib and just waiting for the check ins. Should I stop checking in as often? He’s often quiet until I check in. Then I lay him down. Shhhush him and lay my hand on his back. He settles but no matter how long I wait he cries and gets back up when I stop. Do the check ins only need to happen if he’s been crying or either way? I don’t have a baby monitor currently and can’t get one until this weekend. How long do I do check ins? And if I have to skip the nap because he won’t go to sleep, how long do I wait to try to put him back down again? And when do I call it and say this isn’t working? So far not really improving and we are all so very tired. We have committed to trying for a week-10 days. I decided to do it because he’s not sleeping in his crib at night the anymore and I sleep terrible with him in the bed. Please help I feel like the worst mom in existence. Any questions I’m happy to answer.