NST Biweekly Now/Updated Doctor's Answers

Heather

32w2d, Went to the doctor today and found out I need to come in twice a week now for NST, because I've been on Lovenox this whole pregnancy. But I was also on Lovenox my whole last pregnancy too, and never had NST at the end. I'm really glad though, if it means that twice a week from now on I get to hear my baby's heartbeat and know that everything is okay, that will be really good for my anxiety.

Also while at my appointment I asked about all of my delivery COVID 19 worries/questions. He said that right now at our hospital, only the support person is allowed, he said he didn't think it would get to the point where no one was allowed, just with the nature of delivery being a very family oriented thing. He said that it would be a decision that would not be taken lightly if it went to no support person being allowed, but again didn't think that would happen at our hospital. He actually seemed pretty optimistic that by May it might get relaxed back to 2 visitors. I also asked about hospital stay length, and he said for normal deliveries that those had been shortened from 48 hours to 24 hours to try to get the baby back at home away from other germs as quick as possible. I also asked about baby separation if the mother has COVID 19, and he said the recommendation would be to separate while the baby was tested, it didn't sound like a 2 week quarantine.

I'm still a little nervous, but I definitely felt better after talking to him.