Breakup

Friday afternoon my long term boyfriend and bestfriend of over four years and I broke up. He told me that he still loves me and wants to be in my life but he cant do the relationship anymore. He still wants to keep in regular contact and see me. Im deeply in love with him and I almost dont want to move on. I know im going to feel hurt and frustrated by this. He makes me a better person and seriously lights up my life. I miss him so much already and want more then anything to be with him right now.

Our relationship was primarily in highschool so he has become my absolute best friend and my rock over the years. We have had quite an unconventional relationship, and an unconventional breakup. We always saw each other more as friends then boyfriend girlfriend. Which has made it alot eaiser for us to be comfortable with one another. In terms of our breakup, we agreed that we both still wanted to stay friends and we had sex one last time and let go of the physical aspect of our relationship too. Kinda like breakup sex but going into it knowing we cant do it again if we aren’t going to continue our relationship. And also i will be meeting up with him next week to get a coffee and breakfast. So the whole process is very unconventional.

Its going to be difficult for me to move on and the contact will have to stay on the down low. I know he isnt looking for another relationship right now and neither am I. I trust him alot, but I know im going to have leave his life if he introduces another girls in his life. Eg, having casual sex. I need time to be comfortable with the fact that we are just going to be friends from now on. I can do it. I just need time