Unsure of miscarriage.. Insight? :,(

This may be TMI for some but I thought I was just experiencing a bad period... 
​Ive been TTC for about a year now and the day before yesterday I was helping push a car up an incline and I felt a pop on my right side.  That night it felt like someone was stabbing me right above my belly button, kept having hot flashes and bad back pain.  Yesterday morning I woke up feeling fine but I did end up getting a little sick.  Through out the day I had the pain in my stomach come an go but it was more of a squeezing feeling than a stabbing.  Around evening time I began to get hot flashes again and felt nauseous. Dry heaving (my body wanted to get sick but nothing ever came out) and everything felt heavy and crampy.  A few hours later my monthly began.  Its not supposed to come until Monday.  Friday the earliest.  It was just light spotting and brown.  Its a little heavier than spotting but with a lot of blood clots Ive noticed.  When I pee its bright red but other than that its brown.  A lot of breast tenderness for a week and breast pain for over 2.  Someone told me it could be a chemical pregnancy/early m/c... Any insight? Should I see a doctor or is it all in my head and this happens to other women?