Girl Told Me A Guy Was Following Me around

So I was at the mall buy myself looking around when some random girl comes up to me saying "Hey girl haven't seen you in a while, want to grab something to eat?". She then whispers me to "There's been a guy following you with binoculars". I look around and you know who I see. My boyfriend with binoculars around a fucking corner. I yell "Gavin!" His look is "Oh fuck I've been caught!" He comes to me and I ask what the hell he was doing. He said he was trying to figure out what to get me for my birthday. He showed me his note pad and it said "Maybe list" and it had things I had picked up to look at in stores. I look at him and say "This seemed easier than just asking me?" He goes "Ummmmm...." I told the girl thank you and she laughed. I was super embarrassed. Lord Gavin.

Edit: I just want to add I am not mad at my boyfriend. I get he was trying to be sweet. I'm not gonna say what he has because it's private, but he just doesn't think like the rest of us. That girl though was a real sister!