I’m feeling so stupid right now...

We have a duplex, my husband and I. My in laws lives in the back house. They’re renting. His mom and step dad are acting like they’re owners too. They are going to change the floor. Without our permission. But my husband is ok with their actions. His mom called him to informed him that they are at home depot looking for the material. And she said that she is looking for something expensive because they’re owner of the property and they want something nice. And i told my husband, why is she saying that our property is theirs? And he said, just let them be, i know this property is ours and you know that too. They can say whatever they want. But I don’t like to feel ok that they are acting like that and my husband acting like everything is fine. Because they didn’t gave us anything $$$ for the house so idk and i don’t like that they are acting like that. And my husband rent them the back house for little money( 2 bathrooms and two big bedrooms a kitchen an small yard and half of the garage) we live in Los Angeles. But oh well thats ok because is his mom and he tries to help her. But them acting like that and they don’t respect me. But my husband is all cool with that. I hate what I’m feeling inside me. I want to yeld to all of them but no one care what or how i feel. Idk what-to do.