People Visiting Newborn (venting)

Hello đź‘‹

So my baby is almost 3 weeks old. Every day I am bombarded with people asking when can they meet her and if they can come the same day they texted me. I am so irritated because I don’t want my newborn baby around anyone during COVID, her grandparents are a stretch. The worst of all is that it’s my mother telling people to come over and/ or text me when they can come. It pisses me off.

The worst incident (w/ some story-time) is that when I was in labor I asked my mom if she can take out my dog (which she gave me after I bought her house that was about to be foreclosed on), instead of her coming she sent my neighbor (which goes out and never wears a mask 🙄). I saw my neighbor on my ring camera and was pissed because I disinfected/ cleaned the whole house before my baby came home. She went straight into my baby’s nursery (without asking) I didn’t even know she was at my house. I was furious. After we came home she texted me this

“ Hi! How do you feel?

Do you think it'll be possible that I might be able to come over at some point and meet the baby? I would be careful and masked if allowed.

If not, I understand.”

I didn’t even leave the hospital yet...

So fast forward a week. My mom pressured me everyday to invite her over. When my mom was home, she said let’s just get it over with. She texted her and invited her over and I said that it’s your friend you need to make sure that she washes her hands wears a mask and gloves and she can’t hold the baby nor can she of course touch her face. She came in to my house with a mask didn’t wash her hands didn’t wear gloves and my mom knowing this handed her my baby while I was heating up myself some food and I had an anxiety attack and told her that I need to feed the baby and took her into the nursery. My mom asked what was wrong and I told her that she did everything I told her not to do. I had an incident in the hospital which I asked a nurse some questions about my baby and she made it seem like I was overreacting and that I shouldn’t be freaking out so I felt like I give people anxiety and I seem like one of those moms that are too panicky with her newborns so I was trying to act calm but polite. I’m first time mom and this whole experience on top of Covid has made me not want to see anybody and just stay in the house with me and my baby which I know I should be doing since day one. The problem is is that I need a way to shut down people and let people know that they cannot come over and visit nor see the baby.

I feel like I need to post on my social media Facebook and Instagram saying to not text me about visiting my baby and that I will reach out when the time comes I don’t know if that’s rude but I have too many people and strangers that I haven’t seen for years that are reaching out to me and I’m over it.