Pacifier and bedtime advice

Marie

I’m in need of some advice regarding my March 19 baby and her pacifier. I’m pregnant with number 2 due in July, and lately my almost 2 year old has become even more obsessed with her pacifier. At bedtime she now has to have one in each hand and one in her mouth, along with 2 dolls that she loves and this stuffed cat she has, it’s getting kinda ridiculous. She’s so attached to these things and has to have them. So now whenever she wakes up in the middle of the night she’ll lose a pacifier and lose her mind. She won’t use her “hand” pacifiers to put in her mouth she HAS to have all 3 of its a complete meltdown. Like high pitched screaming that never ends. We live in an apartment, I can’t just let her scream like that because she will wake up our neighbors whose bedrooms are right under hers! This morning my husband couldn’t find her pacifier and it ended with this exact scenario and us just sitting with her on the couch because she couldn’t calm down. I don’t even know what to do other then get more pacifiers so that she can hopefully find it in her crib? I’m at a total loss. I don’t necessarily care about weaning the pacifier at bedtime, but this situation has gotten completely out of hand.