Is anyone else tired of being told what to think?

Everywhere you look in media - all platforms - we’re constantly being told “you should like this or like that” I guess I’m talking about cancel culture also. If you don’t agree with something then suddenly you should be shunned from society? I had a friend tell me I’m going to have a hard life because I’m not “living in the times” because I would like to be a stay at home mum so I don’t have to rush to work. Her response was “what if the dad wants to stay home” and I said “he can’t breastfeed” and she said “you could pump and go to work” and I said “but I don’t want to do that...” and she made a big song and dance about it because apparently I’m not being fair to my future husband because we live in a equal gender society or some bullshit (lol I’m not even married yet!)

Babies need their mothers.. why is that even a “controversial” thing to say?? Yes I know they need their fathers too.. why do I even have to disclaim that lol

If you want to vent any stories, please do! I just find it so ridiculous but emotionally taxing at the same time!