My boyfriend hates mešŸ˜­

So, tonight me and my boyfriend were enjoying our long distance relationship with started off by us taking a shower together on the phone and then we both got in bed and started roasting each other as usual. We began to talk and he started saying something and I interrupted him so he goes ā€œsee how you interrupt me, do I interrupt you?ā€ And I was in no way denying that I interrupted him but to answer his question I said yes you do. He said that I was trying to flip it on him and Iā€™m like no im not....you asked me a question so I simply answered Iā€™m not trying to say I donā€™t cut you off. He started denying that he cuts me off and then it spirals and he completely just shuts down. I started to catch myself getting loud and upset so I took a breath and dialed back and started trying to talk to him about the situation like civilized adults....the only thing I kept getting from him is ā€œIā€™ve washed my hands of this situation Iā€™m not talking about it no moreā€ I get very sensitive about things like that because I donā€™t like to be dismissed. So i started to cry so I put him on mute. I got so angry with the silence I told him I was going to hang up the phone if we didnā€™t talk...he tried to ask me why I was hanging up and I kept asking if weā€™re going to talk and he goes ā€œyou already know the answer to thatā€....meaning no. So I said Iā€™m gonna hang up the phone and he says ā€œso what you gotta doā€ so I hung up. And now he has turned off his phone and probably wonā€™t talk to me the rest of the night. I was trying to avoid this by having the conversational just get it out of the way. Am I wrong for not apologizing first about cutting him off and then hanging up? Or is he wrong for dismissing my feelings ? I need help cause he definitely hates me tonight