2 Infections

Christina

6 days postpartum & two nights ago I went to the OB ED screaming and crying, my back was hurting, abdominal was hurting, sides were hurting, my back hurt when I would take a breath. So the night nurses and doctor that night ordered me a CT scan where they said everything came back normal and that all I pretty much needed to do was walk, even though it hurt me so bad to get up or turn over. So they discharged me. The next day my boyfriend and I decided to skip going to the NICU for the day since I was in pain, we thought maybe because I been moving around too much since our daughter been born. And then we get a call saying how she’s gonna be discharged the next day and we need to room-in with her for 24 hours , mind you I’m still in so much pain. So as we’re there I eat some dinner , and it hurts to eat or drink , every time I ate or drank my stomach would cramp as if I had a contraction. So the next day the nurses saw how uncomfortable I was and recommended I went to the regular emergency room, but since I’m Postpartum, they sent me back to the OB ED. Once I got there I explained to the doctor who was on last night my symptoms, he begins pressing on my stomach and I screamed and cried. He said it seems like I have endometritis and that I would have to stay for 48 hours on antibiotics, and I felt really bad because I know how bad we wanted to go home and to take our daughter home (we’re 2 hours away) my boyfriend kept telling me my health came first. So I got admitted into the hospital, boyfriend and baby in the room with me. After 12 hours of being on IV Another doctor comes in and says “so we’re treating you for endometritis and a bladder infection” and I said “wait? I have a bladder infection?” He proceeds to tell me that the first night I went to the OB ED they tested my urine and it came back positive for bacteria. Now I’m over here like either 1 or 2 things happened that night. Either they saw I had bacteria in my urine and still discharged me because my CT scan said I was fine, or they didn’t even look at the results of my urine and still discharged me without all the information. And if it wasn’t for the fact that I came back last night I wouldn’t have known 🤦🏽‍♀️