Should I move on ?

I’ve never felt more confused in life. I’m currently going through what I’d say is the worst breakup of all time.

My ex was really abusive mentally and he also hit me once.

I started liking a guy while still in the relationship. Which was mostly over the phone. He just made me feel better. Feel like myself again. While still in the relationship.

My ex found out and decided to blackmail me and him. Trying to paint him as a bad person. Created multiple fake accounts. Messaging me about wanting to leak my nudes for money. And blaming it on the guy. Went as far as involving people to carry on with the lie. Repeatedly lied to me. Spoke bad about me without him being aware I knew.

Now he’s saying he’s changed and he’s sorry and he did all of that because he didn’t want to loose me.

He’s apologizing now. And I find myself getting soft and trying to please him so that the relationship would be good. Because we’ve been through a lot in the relationship. He’s been there for me and been my support system when I first moved to this country.

I decided to end things with the other guy because tbh it’s just too much to handle right now.

But man, it’s exhausting.

All of this happened in a space of less than 2 months.

I’m just scared of what life would look like without my ex. Is this normal and should I actually give a chance and forgive? Has he really changed?