How do I help my husband who is extremely stressed out?

Alexis

I’m seeking advice on what to do for my husband who is extremely stressed out and unhappy with his life. He is struggling with his job. He hates it. They treat him and another guy there like crap. He works at a huge chicken farm that produces a mass production of eggs for the USA. He takes care of the chickens. This includes feeding, watering, maintaining a barn the size of almost 2 football fields long, fixing belts & shoveling etc. it’s a very manual laboring job. He’s on his feet all day long. However, there is only 2 people working his barn. When there should be at least 5-6 people if not more. They aren’t short on staff. They have 8-10 people in 9 of the other barns. He has expressed that him and his coworker need help. But management does nothing. This has resulted in him hating his job and him being extremely stressed out. We just found out I am pregnant about 2 weeks ago so I imagine the stress of a baby is also affecting him. How do I help him? I am always a listening ear & shoulder to cry on for him. I wait on him hand and foot when he is home. Do everything for him. Make sure he has a nice home cooked meal every night after a long days of work. I’ve been supportive and tell him how much I appreciate him getting up and providing for our little family everyday when he doesn’t want too. He has been looking at other jobs as well in hopes to be closer to home and be able to spend more time with me. I’ve been understanding about his work schedule. He is gone all day long. And we only see each other for 3 hours or so in the evening. He works pretty much everyday. I have offered to reverse the roles and him stay home while I work, but he doesn’t want me to do that since I am pregnant. He feels that it is his job to provide for me and our child. I’m at a loss. I feel so horrible. It’s starting to affect our relationship. He’s always crabby and tired. Doesn’t touch me, kiss me or sleep with me much anymore. Does anyone have any tips or advice for me to use? I’ve talked to him and expressed how I felt about the situation. It seems to create more of an argument so I try to avoid that.