My Mother-in-Law passed awayđź’”

T

I am so so heartbroken. I loved her like my own mother. She always said thought more of me than she did her own daughters. She was 79. She was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease 10 years ago. All but 1 of her 5 children abandoned her when her husband(their father) passed away in 2003. She has 3 daughters and 2 sons. I have been her caretaker for the past year and a half. She lived with us. A month ago, she had to go into the hospital for rehab to hopefully get her strength up so I would be able to continue to care for her, because it started to get hard for me physically. She could only be there for 20 days and then finish out the rest of the 100 days in a nursing home and then hopefully get to come back home after that. Well, that lasted all of 2 weeks. She passed away yesterday. They found her unresponsive and oxygen levels in the 30% range at 2am. They sent her over to the hospital where they got her stable but realized she was septic due to an infection somewhere. They transferred her over to a big and better hospital. She coded on the way there and they had to do chest compressions. Long story short, she had a stroke and a mass on her esophagus in her chest. The chest compressions burst the mass in her chest and caused internal bleeding. Her oxygen was so bad, they had to put her on a ventilator. They had her on 3 different medications to keep her heart going. We had to make the decision to either stop it all, or have her live on a machine. She would have never wanted to live her life hooked to a machine, and she wouldn't ever be the same again. I rubbed her feet as she went. It was the hardest thing ever, watching her struggle for breath after they took her off of everything. I love that woman so much. I feel horrible. Idk what to do in this house without her. I miss her so much already. I just know she isn't in pain and suffering anymore. Rest in Paradise, Janice.đź’•