Help :(

So I’ve been with my boyfriend for almost 8 months now. We have great relationship. And we get a long and we are always happy spending time together. We cook and go adventures together and want to get married in 2 years but I feel like something is off.. throughout all 8 months together we have prob has sex 7 times.. he can go weeks without initiating anything.. we do kiss makeup and touch (DT) but we can go weeks and even 2 months with no sex. Is this normal? I’ve talked to him about it and he says “there is no reason, usually I’m on my period when I’m over, or his roommates are home” idk it makes me feel the sex is just not wanted… idk if I’m overthinking this.. he always calls me beautiful and always compliments me and my body but idk I feel like we are so early In the relationship shouldn’t we be having crazy fun sex. Shouldn’t he be able to not take his hands off me and always want to do it or am I just dreaming and not being realistic. I know sex isnt everything but I feel like it should be something in the beginning.. I’m sorry I just really need help. We are also both 24 so pretty young..