My vacation from hell

I will 100% be updating this as things unfold

So, on July 27th(My birthday) my husband and I planned on flying out to Salt Lake City to meet with some friends of ours, and then drive up to Lake Tahoe with them the next day to meet with our family for vacation.

On the morning of the 27th, we woke up at 3am for our 6am flight only to find out that the flight was canceled. They told us the next available flight wasn't until the next day. We said "fuck that" and managed to get a last minute flight through a different airport. Our new flight included a layover in Phoenix before flying to SLC.

Okay, crisis averted right? We fly into Phoenix and when we get there, our connecting flight to SLC is canceled. 🙃

So, damage control again. This time, we call hubby's parents who are driving to Tahoe as well, and instead of flying to SLC we decide to fly into Ontario, CA and have his parents pick us up from there since they're close. We call our friends and tell them the change of plans. Its all good.

So, we fly into Ontario and his parents are waiting to pick us up. We wait 45 minutes for our luggage only to find out they left it in Phoenix. 🥲 Hubby is having a meltdown.

So... They can't get it to us in time, and we need to get on the road. So we tell them to just send it to our Air BnB address in Tahoe, and they say it'll be there in 24 hours. Great!

Not great. Not great at all.

We finally get to Tahoe the next day and our luggage isn't there. We still spend time with family and make the best of it. But obviously we're still pretty upset about figuring out what happened to our luggage, and we're constantly having issues with calling the airline.

4 days later, after multiple calls, multiple lies from the airline, (and finding out they sent our luggage to like 6 different airports because the kept reading the address wrong) we finally get our luggage the morning we check out of the Air Bnb. 😑

That same morning, our friends get a call from their housesitter saying she accidentally let their dog kill their cat. (Long story short, she actually lied and said she didn't know how the cat died and tried covering it up. But the autopsy came back really quickly and said the cat had bite marks and a broken neck) so now they're grieving and having a shit time trying to figure out what to do.

We drive back to SLC with them because we have plans to stay with them for 4 days before flying home. We get to their house after 8 hours of driving and they take care of things and get everything all figured out. It's sad and frustrating, but the 4 of us are making the best of it. We had a decent first night.

So now, this morning. My husband ended up dropping his phone and shattering it on their tile floor. While running to grab the vacuum, he stepped in dog poop. 🥲🥲🥲🥲

Now we need to figure out a new phone for him. We have 3 more days of our vacation left, so I guess we'll see if this can get any worse. We're trying to have a good time and appreciate the time spent with our family and friends at least. It hasn't been horrible and could definitely be worse, but it's certainly been stressful 😅 I guess I'll update later today or tomorrow if the vacation from hell continues 🙃