Wishing husband took my feelings into consideration

Suckmydiction

So in trying to have a better relationship with my husband, I proposed to when he gets off work he take like 30 mins to unwind before doing other things while i have the kids. Because usually what happens is right when he’s off work he immediately plays with our 4yo and I know he needs that time so I figured why not. Well today is the first time doing that, and I realized I’m so upset. I’m a sahm I’ve been with both kids (4yo & 5months) all day, I cooked and stuff and I am so tired because I do most things with the baby putting her to bed and I’m the only one getting up in motn to take care of our baby too. I just wish he would have said “oh thanks for offering to continue to watch the kids, would you like some time for you self later?” The thing is I wasn’t expecting him to even ask, but it’s like does he not wonder how I’m feeling? If I’d like to be alone for a few minutes and not have kids screaming that they need something? It honestly feels like because I’m just the sahm it’s not really “work” like he works, so maybe I don’t need my own time, but I’d love some because Its just so hard being alone with kids all day, I’m overwhelmed and it sucks, I feel like I’m giving more than I have at this point if that makes sense. I wish he cared about me enough to offer some alone time for myself, maybe this is just happening because when I told him he should have time for himself I never asked for my own time it could just be miscommunication on my end, I just don’t know. Should I ask for time for myself or just stop overreacting

ETA: just talked to him about this and he said I don’t do anything all day anyway so that’s time to myself as it is. And that me offering time was a trap so that he can give me time to myself in the end. I feel like total shit now.