Husband is making something for a female ex-coworker he used to be “friends” with. How do i stop him?

anonymous

Please help! 😢 💔 My husband is making a little bakery house/replica as an “apology gift” for a female ex-coworker who used to be his “friend” (because her dream is to open a bakery). He says he made a mistake in confessing that he had “feelings” for her (we had a very rough patch in our marriage last year, and he thought by telling her those feelings, they would go away) and that’s why his work friendship with her failed. (And no, he did NOT cheat on me; in fact he said that incident made our marriage “stronger”). Even though he no longer has romantic feelings for her, he still really wants to remain friends with her because he felt like he was being a mentor to her and that they supported each other during very stressful times at work. He’s never had “close” female friends before. She already has a boyfriend (!!) and She already told him to NOT contact her anymore, but he is determined to fix the “friendship” by making her a dollhouse. Nothing I say will change his mind to stop making it for her. He knows how I feel about it but he’s still making it. In the picture here, this is how far he’s made the little bakery house so far. How do I get him to stop making it for her? I know I can’t really make him stop or destroy his work, but if it were you, what would you say or do to make your bf/husband stop?? I already told him how I feel but he won’t stop making it. How do I get him to stop (or convince him to stop)

trying to stay friends with someone (another girl) that doesn’t feel the same way/doesn’t want to talk to him anymore?

Thanks so much!