Update! Failed cerclage/ rescue cerclage at 19w

Allison

We were given little hope that a rescue cerclage would work to repair my failed preventative cerclage. My original stitch was still intact but had shifted. I was 5cm and my water bag was completely descended in my vaginal canal.

The doctor was fully expecting my waters to break or an infection to happen before making it to 24w. He basically prepared us for the worst and gave little to no hope for the best.

Well! I just made it to 24 weeks! As of yesterday, my little boy has a fighting chance whenever my waters decide to break! 🙌🏻

My cervix was measuring 1.4cm last week which is really freaking good for my situation! 👍🏻

Next goal is 28w! 🤞🏻

I get the steroid shots for babes lungs this week! I’ll get them again if I make it to 28w. This will help babe so much as he will definitely be born 32 weeks or earlier (it’d be a miracle to make passed 32w).

My little family is very happy! We took pictures to celebrate! My husband took me on a dinner date followed by the target date challenge to celebrate! We can breathe a little easier! ❤️