Am I overthinking??

Brooke • Young mama to sweet Salem Rayne 🌈🌙🤍

Hey y’all it’s been a minute since I’ve been on here, life has been pretty hectic!! Hope you all are doing well. 🥰

I wanted to jump on and ask a tough question… would it seem greedy of me to make a gofundme for my 5 month old’s cleft lip surgery? We have insurance, but it doesn’t cover all of her appointments, especially her surgeries. (We still have a pretty decently sized bill from her NICU stay and heart surgery.) There’s usually a small chunk left for us to pay. Still, it’s money that we don’t currently have. Thankfully I finally got a job working at my boyfriends family’s liquor store on Sundays, and it works out great because I can bring along my little. Anywho, what do you guys think?? I always get the best advice from other mamas and I don’t have a lot of older family that I can ask things like this. My boyfriend and I are really struggling to make ends meet and I had a friend bring up the idea but I’m not sure. I feel like I’m constantly asking for handouts even though I know I’m not, but we’re in the worst financial situation either one of us have ever been in, and we’re only 22. I know things are going to get harder because that’s just life, but it seems we can’t get just a bit of clarity and catch a break.

Her surgery is at the end of this month, and hopefully after she recovers I’ll be able to go back to work full time. Until then, we’re just trying to get by with his income and a little bit of extra cash from mine.

here’s a little update picture of our sweet girl!! had another consultation and her surgeon said that not only would they be repairing her lip, but also a little nose stint and she’ll have tubes put in to help release some of the fluid so hopefully she’ll regain full hearing. 💛