Low ferritin during pregnancy 28 weeks

Jennifer

UPDATE:

So I got a call from my midwife this morning, she got confused with my bloods because I had a different midwife at my 28 week appointment so cause of this she had totally missed my blood results and gotten mixed up in the phone call yesterday with what they were (she originally said yesterday I don't require iron supplements this is why I was frustrated). Also apologised as I should have been contacted regardless of it being her or not and she's not sure why I wasn't contacted sooner. Going up to the hospital today to get an iron supplement. I knew I wasn't going mental and that something was wrong! Always listen to your body

At 8 or 12 week appointment my ferritin was 130 (normal), not sure about haemoglobin. At 28 week appointment my ferritin has dropped to 8 and haemoglobin 11.9g/dL (which I believe is normal). I couldn't make this up if I tried but the past month I've had dizziness to the point of falling over, heart palpitations, headaches, ears ringing, extreme tiredness like nothing I've felt during my pregnancy before, which I've discovered are all textbook symptoms of low iron. I'm absolutely convinced it's something to do with my ferritin level being so low. I've struggled so much with food during pregnancy, crazy aversions and nausea. My diet is absolutely shocking and I'm definitely lacking nutrients. I just know something in my body is wrong. My midwife has said there isn't a problem with my blood results cause my hemoglobin is fine but google (I know I shouldn't google but can't help it) says otherwise about the ferritin. I feel she isn't listening to my concerns as I've been having all these symptoms the past month without even knowing they're exact symptoms of low iron. Am I right to be concerned about this? Can my GP prescribe me iron supplement?