Home Daycare or nanny?

My daughter is due to start daycare in the spring after she turns 12 months as I have to go back to work. Despite being on lists since before she was born, we’re nowhere near the tops of waitlists. We were only applying to established centres because I am really apprehensive about home based care. I went to one myself when I was little and have fond memories, but it’s always made me uncomfortable to think my daughter would be in someone’s personal home, where anyone can come in or out. I like the rigidity of a centre, where I know no one is coming in who isn’t a parent. I’m therefore considering hiring a nanny if we can’t find a space in time. Both my husband and I work from home, so I feel a bit more control if a nanny is in my house, but I’m also close at hand if needed. Family isn’t an option.

I don’t want to offend any home care providers or people who choose them, and my husband and I disagree - he wants us to consider home care so she can be with other kids and socialize. He’s also concerned because nannies here cost more. I‘d love to hear if anyone grappled with the same concerns and issues, and what you ultimately decided.