Miscarriage diagnosis but rising HCG levels TMI

Stephanie
Hello everyone,
It has been an emotional roller coaster for my husband and I the past week. According to the app I should be about 6 weeks along. On Monday 8/17 I started spotting and went to the dr. They did an ultrasound which showed a gestational sac measuring at 4 weeks and 2 days. Hcg level was 803. I had a trip planned to Mexico and the Dr. said to go ahead and go on vacation but take it easy. 
The spotting got heavier and turned to bright red bleeding on Sunday 8/23. I went to the ER in Mexico. Hcg level was 792 and ultrasound showed bleeding but gestational sac measuring 5.5 weeks. They told me to go back and relax and go home as scheduled. 
I continued to have bright red bleeding until Monday night then it changed to brown old blood. I never passed any clots or tissue. I went to my Dr yesterday where they told me I was for sure having a miscarriage and to go home and take it easy and follow up for more blood work in 7-10 days. So ...today the Dr. called and stated my HCG level is now 1400 and they want to see me again in a week for an ultrasound. This experience has been very difficult and it's going to be a long week waiting for this next ultrasound. The bleeding has continued to slow down and is now just brown tinged discharge. I just don't have any idea how to feel about anything and really wish I knew what was happening.