Insurance and doctor Hell

Shevie
So my original OB/GYN is retiring so I had to find someone else. I have been getting horrible headaches, constant dizziness and motion sickness along with constant nausea and vomiting. All I wanted to do was see a doctor, weeks went by and the day finally came. I had slept 12 hours prior and still could barely stay awake and function. I filled out the packet of paperwork the receptionist gives me, she asks if my insurance would cover it, everything told me it would. This was supposed to be a done deal, I'm covered under my parents till I'm 26 even though I'm married. Well the insurance misunderstood my mother and thought she was pregnant or something. Apparently it only covers if I'm a spouse not a dependent. So the receptionist said its $1000 up front to see the doctor, no payment plan nothing. My husband and I had just gotten back from being off work, we can't afford that. So my husband and I leave, we go to a government place to get insurance info and applied for one that might help, leave fill out the packet go back and it's a different lady asking for more info then the previous one had told us. So we leave I call a docs office to have them fax everything and now it's the waiting game. I called my previous doc and asked how they billed for my ultrasound, they said they hadn't heard back from my insurance yet....it had been a month..... So I've been a dick basket case all day that just wants to make sure my little bump is ok even if I'm not. Worst day.