Trust?

I started talking to my now boyfriend in march who i met through a friend, i heard such bad rumours about him but i thoight let me get to know him before judging him as i did so we'd been meeting up and only going as far as a kiss till about 4 months later we had no title so i couldnt tell him not to be with other girls but he wouldnt say anything about other girls infront of me, he knew how i felt that i didnt want to be mixed with other girls i think its disgusting but i never expected to catch feelimgs for him but i did so we waa together all day everyday and about a month later i met his mum and family  we was drunk a few times and would bring up if we'd been with anyone else other than eachother and i hadnt been and he said he hadnt either untill about half a month later he told me he really liked me and asked me how i felt an i said the same i also had found out a few days after that i had got an std off him from when i got a check up and i told him and he aaid honestly he'd been with one other girl once 3months ago before he gathered he liked me now we're together as partners and i dont know where i should be weary if he would cheat and lie to me or if I should trust him he always says he wouldnt do that to me but i think he has when we werent serious what would stop him now ??? Help