Transitioning baby from bed to his crib

Sarah🍕 • 27. Married. Mommy to two boys. Artist. Atheist. Intactivist. Pro choice.

Sorry if this is long. Little background first. When my son first came home from the hospital he slept in his crib the majority of the night. We'd only have him in bed during the wee hours of the morning. Well when he was five months old my house burnt down. We moved back into my family's house. They already had six people living there but my niece was nice enough to let us sleep in her room. We didn't have room for his crib so he started sleeping in our bed the entire night. We moved out when he was nine months old and now we cannot get him out of our bed. He takes naps in his crib just fine. Its bed time he refuses his crib. He starts off in his crib but by midnight or a little after he will not go back to sleep in his crib. I've tried the cry it out method. It works at nap time in 3-5 minutes hes out but bed time comes around and he'll scream and after 5 minutes I feel terrible that he's crying and just bring him to our bed. I'm 11 weeks pregnant. He kicks me in his sleep and I'm worried about when I get bigger. So basically I'm asking for tips to get him to sleep in his crib permanently. Thanks for reading.

**edit I forgot to mention he's 11 months old now.