Maliyah Grace

Gabrielle
I went in for my last OB check on January 6th. I'd had a terrible headache that morning, I let the nurse know and when she checked my BP it was 154/100 it's normally excellent reading at 110/60. Once my doctor came in she let me know that she'd like to induce labor immediately due to my spike in blood pressure and water retention. I completely trust my doctor and her recommendation so I stopped by my apartment where I met my husband and we headed to the hospital together. I arrived at the hospital around 10:30am and received my first dose of Cervidil within the hour. We waited without much progression for the next 7 or 8 hours. Around 7:30pm they gave me the a second dose. After that I progressed from nearly 2 centimeters dilated to 8 centimeters having contractions 1 1/2 minutes apart nearly the entire time around 11:00 pm I asked for pain relief, we started with Fentanyl which was great for about an hour and then I decided to get the Epidural which I got around 12:30am I was ready to push around 1 but they wanted me to rest. I was able to start pushing a little after 2:00am and delivered my sweet girl at 3:03am on January 7th which was her due date! She weighed 8lbs 2oz and measured at 20 inches long. Scored 9 out of 10 on her APGAR. She is so sweet and my husband I are so blessed to have her.