Wasn't surprised...

Emily • 29, Loving Wife Mommy to Abrielle 💖 7/28/16 Mommy Again 2/19/19 💙💖
My dad is an amazing man. He has lived through losing his son, a severe car accident, and most recently, a life threatening case of west Nile...so maybe I should just give this to him?
My mom had already warned me and my husband confirmed today that my dad is planning to go to his 55 year high school reunion in Nebraska (we live in Michigan) just a week after my due date. He told my husband he hopes I have the baby on time or else he'll have to leave my mom behind and go to his reunion on his own. He is planning to go whether or not his first grandchild is born or not. I'm crushed. My parents have both been very selfish in many ways - especially since my husband and I have been married - but I guess I always thought my dad would be there for this moment in my life. I don't want to demand anything of him since we have our own lives and this is his choice, but it hurts that he's already made such a quick decision. 
Even though I'm sad...I wasn't surprised. Just needed to vent and hear some encouragement.