Advice

Jessica
Hi I am 28 years old. I'm divorced from my first and only real relationship... It's been a couple years. I haven't had much interest in dating. I like being independent and I have a pug :-). So I'm not really lonely. The problem I have is I have a guy friend that is the sweetest best person I have ever met. I'm ok with just being his friend, but he pushes me away and keeps me at a distance. He doesn't want to date because he doesn't want to marry again. I'm ok with that and don't want to marry again. But adult relationships are complicated and confusing and we can't just be friends for some reason. We went to New York for New Year's <a href="https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.glow.android.eve">Eve</a> and it was so fun. We just hugged, held hands, and walked arm in arm. Completely innocent and perfect. I think when he walked me to my door he may have gone for a kiss, but I out of habit (subconscious fear) buried my face. I realized I am more terrified of feelings than bats (I hate bats!). So my female friend trying to help :-/ told her sons friend (her son is my age) about me. We have been talking. He seems like a nice guy, but I am not sure I am interested. I don't know if it's because I am scared, because I like the other guy, or because I am just really not interested. Plus even if I do give him a chance what if mr. Perfect decides he wants to date? Or what if I just settle for the other guy because I don't want to hurt his feelings? Also I am stubborn and independent. I don't know how dating is supposed to work. I have never had an adult relationship really besides the ex husband... That was a mess and I had known him since I was like 12...