HPV: Do I need to tell my partner?

I have been sleeping exclusively with my boyfriend for over two years and we do not use condoms anymore. I found out after a recent pap that I have mild displaysia caused by HPV.
I do not have the type that causes any visible symptoms like warts.
According to the doctor and my research, my boyfriend has almost definitely already been exposed to it, he may have even been the one who gave it to me, and it will never cause any health problems for him. They don't even test men for it.
Do I need to tell him? Part of me feels it is necessary or else I will feel guilty for keeping it from him, but the other part feels as though it is almost pointless due to the reasons I mentioned above. 
Opinions?
Update:
I told him. I had to for the sake of my conscience and I'm glad I did. He reacted amazingly. The first thing he said when I told him my PAP was abnormal and their were pre cancerous cells was "are you okay? Do you feel okay?" He was worried about nothing besides my health. He had never even HEARD of HPV!!! This shocked me. He did some of his own research on it and was amazed by the statistics, that a huge percentage of the populations gets it, that condoms help but do not prevent it, etc
I received the vaccine in high school and still got a high risk version of this virus, meaning no warts but the possibility of cancer. Not sure what strain.