Maternity leave

Rhandi • I'm 25 and pregnant with my first child :) I'm very excited and nervous at the same time.

The company I work for doesn't offer maternity leave, just unpaid leave. I don't believe I qualify for FMLA because I had just started this job when I found out I was pregnant.

I was orginially full time in just one store but a month ago they started bouncing me between two stores and cut my hours down to 25 a week. One store is only 5 minutes away but I work 8 hours in 2 days there. The other is 45 minutes away and I work 17 hours in 2 days there.

I have been saving up since I found out I was pregnant to help pay car payment and insurance so I do have some money stashed away. My question is when should I start my "leave"?

I wanted to work all the way up to my due date and I'll only be 27 weeks next week but there's been signs of preclampsia and I'm just swollen and miserable already. To be honest, I'm not even sure if I'll have a job by the time I go back because I have a feeling that's what this company is trying to do by completely cutting my hours in half recently.

The company I work for requires us to always stand unless we are on break, there's lots of walking around and bending and stretching and there's been days that I'm not even able to eat or drink anything because we are so busy. I just don't know what to do. Any advice?