Rant...

Ju
So I'm 36 weeks planning to work until I cant. Yesterday at my OB appt the Dr told me to go straight to the hospital and have them test me for preeclampsia. So I hobble over and they tell me I have "mild" preeclampsia. They were considering putting me on bed rest or have to induce me unless I can keep my stress levels down and stay hydrated. I figured NO PROBLEM! Well I get to work to start accelerating the process of my transition to maternity leave and making sure my temporary replacement  is ready to go! Now a little back story, we are a small organization and we tend to stay for years, I've worked there 9 years and my coworker 5.  We've had a turbulent relationship but I am her supervisor. Basically, when she gets what she wants she's perfect, when she doesn't all hell breaks loose. She knows we need her as she is the only one who can do my job this summer while I'm out and she has taken full advantage. She's made her own personal schedule, pushed back many assignments, picks and chooses what she wants to work on and what she doesn't. Knowing full well that I'm not supposed to be overly stressed she purposely continues to give me as much stress as possible! I swear this woman is driving me nuts! I really just want to finally let her go and just forego my maternity leave just to show her that she's not that important. I just want to start my maternity leave and take care of my little one but this is not just a job to me, it's my life and I love what I do, I would hate for her to ruin it.