Loss of mucus plug? Leaking fluids?

Throughout my pregnancy I have experience more than usual discharge which is usually colored as normal just seem to have more of it. I have read this is normal during pregnancy as your body's way of flushing out bacteria. 
I had my first vaginal check on Thursday (36 week appointment) and I was 1 cm dilated. She told me I may experience a little spotting the next day and that's normal after being checked. I did not have any spotting or anything yesterday. However, this morning I woke up and felt what I thought was discharge coming. So when I went to the bathroom to wipe, it appeared like discharge constistancy mixed with a snot like consistency and it was yellow in color. This has continued most of the morning where almost every 10 minutes I feel I need to go wipe. When I do it is still a yellowish color and I notice in my underwear it is wet. 
Could this be my mucus plug? Am I losing fluids? My doctors office is closed today, so I'm curious if I should call the OB floor at my hospital and ask if this is normal. Anyone else experienced this?