Harper Leigh ❤️

Jessica • FTM, Engaged, Soon to be Mommy to Harper Leigh in July 💕
So my story begins on July 14th, 2016. I was scheduled to be induced, I was 2 days overdue & absolutely miserable. I woke up at 6am because I was told to call the hospital an hour before my scheduled induction at 7am to make sure they had a bed for me because I wasn't top priority. I looked at my phone & i already had a missed call & a voicemail from the hospital. The voicemail said that they were sorry but they didn't have a bed & to call back at 8:30. At 8:30 I called back & once again was told to call back in 2 hours. I was told to call back a few more times after that. At around 11ish I started feeling crampy like I was going to get my period. At 1:30 the doctor's office called to ask me to come in for 2:00 for an ultrasound to check the baby's fluid level & to make sure everything was okay with her. While waiting to be called in I used the bathroom & discovered that I had my bloody show! I was in labor all on my own! Once the contractions got a little worse I went to the hospital at around 2:45. I was in labor for what seemed like forever. I'm a first time mom & it was worse than I expected so I ended up getting an epidural, I told myself even though it wasn't what I originally planned I rather be comfortable. I dilated slowly at first & then BAM! 10cm & time to push. I was so nervous to push. 30 mins later the love of my life was born at 12:59am on July 15th, 2016. 7lbs 8oz & 20 1/2 inches long . Certainly worth all of the pain!