Ovulating with PCOS:

So I have a few questions that maybe some more educated women can answer for us with polycystric ovaries... 
1. If you get your period, do you definitely ovulate? or will you definitely ovulate that cycle? 
2. If your doctor says you have 20+ cysts on each ovary would that be classed as severe PCOS?
3. Is there a way to tell if you even ovulate at all? (Other than tests because that become too expensive).
4. Can your cysts go away or shrink in size? 
5. I know PCOS effects ovulation tests, can it also effect pregnancy test results? 
6. Do you have to get a period to ovulate? 
7. Can you ovulate at anytime in your cycle because you have PCOS?
8. If my doctor done a blood test checked my testosterone levels etc and would she be able to tell if I don't ovulate at all? 
9. Does taking metformin help regulate cycles for ovulation to occur? 
10. Does having more cysts on your ovaries affect your chances of ttc? 
Please share any success stories for women like myself to read! I am currently ttc baby #1 and taking 1500mg a day - I have 3 different period tracking apps one which says my period is late by 8 days - one that says I'm in my fertile window - & one that says I'm due for my period in 7 days! Please tell us what you did differently that helped you concieve having PCOS! Babydust to all my fellow PCOS'ers that are TTC! ✨🍼💙