taking care of step kids

C
Army boyfriend of three years and I have a 5 month old together and he has two kids, ages 7 & 9 who live with us half time. I am on maternity leave for a year and have been taking care of them all summer when they are with us. I'm a new mother and I'm tired and my temper is a little short these days. He has a history of dumping his kids on me and letting his ex do the same and so I've put my foot down and agreed to watch the kids twice a week this summer and if he or she needs more, they can figure it out. Is this reasonable? Sometimes I feel bad that he has to take them to work with him but I'm so tired and I get so snappy with them, I feel so bad abut it but I can't seem to stop. Tomorrow we don't usually have them so he said he'd take them to work with him but I feel kind of bad because I'm home with the baby anyway. The past two days though have just been so hard and I find myself being so short with them I kind of think it might be better for them not to spend another day with me.