Mom making me feel down...

Ashley
So we have a house trained rabbit who is literally a family member to us. He's just like a dog or cat and we've had him for 3 years now. My mom has developed an allergy to rabbits and won't come to our house. I keep thinking how she's going to miss out on so many milestones and celebrations for her first grandchild and also how she won't even see our baby for the first few months when many moms are helping their daughters with their newborns, because baby is due in January and it's too cold to risk taking them out in Toronto winter, unless absolutely necessary. She says it's my choice to have a rabbit which I feel is unfair to say because my hubby brought him home as a surprise when my grandpa died and we've already agreed that giving him away is not an option as many rabbits are under cared for and he is so happy and healthy here. Plus I'm very much pro animal welfare. I asked my mom if she would give allergy shots a try since it's an option and she won't even talk to the doctor about it. She's had seasonal shots in the past and gets a flu shot but she won't even think about this. I don't understand. I told her what if it works and then you can be with your new grandchild whenever you want cause I read they are 90% effective and she just won't budge. I feel sad knowing how much she's gonna miss and even sadder knowing there's a solution option that she won't even try. Any ideas? Feeling pretty down about the whole thing.