Having a rough time

Oboe

I just hit 8w and I'm suddenly really struggling. I am absolutely exhausted all the time. I only want to sleep, but at the same time, I keep having bad insomnia. I work 12 hour shifts and I simply cannot make it through without a nap. I've fallen asleep in some pretty weird positions and places. I could get in serious trouble if anyone caught me. I can't drink even a small amount of caffeine to help because everything caffeinated makes me nauseous.

I also recently found out my mom has breast cancer. I'm having a really hard time dealing with the news. I'm already very emotional from being pregnant. We recently moved to be near her for when we tried to start a family. My husband and I both work jobs that keep us away from home for 12 hours a day or more and we really need the family help. Now I'm faced with the possibility of losing my mom and losing the help and support we need for this baby. I haven't told my mom yet that I'm pregnant. I was hoping to wait until my first sonogram. I'm also going to be her main support through the cancer. She doesn't understand why I'm having such a hard time calling her regularly. I think it's hurt her feelings because she really needs the support. Unfortunately between work and sleeping every chance I get, I'm usually only up at like 2 in the morning when she's sleeping.

Sorry about the long post. I just needed to talk about all of this and we haven't told anyone yet that we're pregnant. Any stories of people who are also going through difficult life circumstances while pregnant, or have in the past, are welcome.