Needed husbands permission to get food/drinks I wanted from the Grocery Store

♡ 𝓚𝓪𝓽𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓪 𝓵𝓸𝓾𝓲𝓼𝓮 ♡

When I lived in America with my husband, I was pregnant and still am now.. But I was extra hungry and very nauseous so I needed to get things in such as crackers or granola bars so it would help me eat without being sick.

When we would go to the grocery store together my husband would always tell me to calculate how much we were spending and I would always have to ask if I could get something that I wanted. Loads of times I was embarrassed and felt like a kid for putting something in the cart that I actually needed and he would find it and either shove it in my hands to put back or put it back himself. While he was there trying to "save money" yet he bought packs and packs of fresh meat which is expensive and I couldn't eat meat because it made me feel sick.

I just find it dumb how he could of got whatever he wanted and when I wanted something myself he refused. Its no wonder I ended up losing 2 stone when I lived with him.

I ended up having cereal in the morning, ice pops to keep me going.. I would always skip dinner as there was nothing in to eat... Then have either pasta or breaded chicken for tea.

I would get so hungry it would actually hurt ! And while I was there feeling unwell or eating my own breakfast I still had to prepare his cooked breakfast which was always the same.... Two eggs, spam, 3 pieces of bacon , hash browns and toast.

He once came home after work and I'd just cleaned up the puppies mess and he came back early and then saw I had meat defrosting but nothing was actually cooked for him so he goes and calls me lazy and kicks off because I didn't have anything ready for him. I told him he was home early so I was cooking in time for him to be back at 4pm. He then refused to let me in the kitchen to cook his food and just insulted me all night.

Stupid shit like this which my husband did has really fucked me up.!!!!

I have left him because he was emotionally abusive but this is a prime example of how he would make me feel like shit when I was trying my best to be a good house wife.

Thoughts? 😧