Should I let my husband enlist?

Sasha • 2013 ♥️ 2016 💍 2018 👶🏻💙 2019 👶🏻💗 W I F E Y • M O M M A • B L E S S E D
Me and my husband have been together for almost 3 years now, we are high school sweethearts and since day 1 I'd always known he is crazy proud of the USA. 🇺🇸 He used to tell me he wanted to enlist and join the marines and I would tell him he's crazy thinking it's all talk. He still brings it up often and when I'm quiet or don't give him the answer he wants he jokingly says that I killed his dream.
We moved away from home a year ago and now he's working in the refineries in Houston. Money has been tight and is not worth the risks he makes at work. We're both 20 and neither of us has a degree. His best friend just recently became a military cop and is stationed in Pennsylvania with the Marines and was telling us about all the benefits he receives and how much money he has and how amazing it'll be for his future wife and children that he joined the marines. 
Now that his friend is showing all the good that can come from being in the marines, my husband keeps pushing and pushing this topic at me hoping that I'll just give in. 
My main reason that I always tell him i don't want him to go is that I'm scared he'll get shipped off at a time when I need him here to protect me! It's not jealousy or control issues it's just I truly care for the wellbeing of my hubby & I want him to be involved in our future kids lives. 😕
Any army wives that have any advice?! There are so many benefits but it comes with such a high price. Please share what helped you overcome this decision, if it's worth it and just some more info to better help me answer him the next time he brings it up.