A Little Blog About the Hynek Weekend

Al
Sitting in my living room, sipping on a luke warm cup of coffee while the black kitten with the emerald eyes, otherwise known as Precilla, tries to find the perfect position to lounge on my lap in, I begin reflecting on the past weekend.
This was a long awaited weekend, the first time since probably our wedding weekend, if not much prior to that, where AJ and I had nothing but time to do whatever we wanted. So on Friday night, we decided to call up my old roommate to participate in a grand Wisconsin tradition, the Friday Night Fish Fry followed by a meat raffle. 
At the meat raffle, by sister in-law brought my beautiful four and a half month old niece. Let me tell you ladies, I am in love 💕 Those brown eyes just make me melt! 
For the rest of weekend we laughed and loved each other, cooked a few great meals, and spent even more time with my husband's family. It was all so wonderful. 
This morning, I find myself appreciating the life that I have chosen for myself. My husband and I got married very quickly after we began dating. While we have known each other for 14 years, we only began dating about two years ago. This weekend reminded me that I am not trying to get pregnant, I am trying to build a happy, healthy family. I am trying to build the most amazingly beautiful life that I can for my husband and I. 
If you've been stressed about trying to conceive, like I have been, try to remind yourself of the bigger picture. I didn't marry AJ to give me a baby, I married him because he is the coolest man ever and I could not imagine the rest of my life without him at my side. A baby wouldn't complete us, it would enrich us 😍