irrational anger over doughnuts & cake?

I have been going through some kind of crisis I guess. Almost 40, nothing seems to be going my way. I want more kids. But, it's not happening so I figure I'll start a personal business or venture. But, every thing I come up with gets shot down & ruined. So I'm like stuck in this limbo of life. 
Whatever is going on, I've had a pretty bad week emotionally. So I asked my Husband to buy doughnuts for breakfast and a chocolate cake for after dinner tonight. I just wanted to have a piece of cake with a glass of milk tonight & watch Ghost Whisperer before bed.. 
But, for some stupid reason he bought a cake mix instead! I figured though. Whatever fine I'll just have a doughnut. Except he bought bakery doughnuts. We NEVER buy bakery doughnuts because they are never any good & they weren't.  They were stale! So why of all nights did he have to buy bakery doughnuts and a stupid cake mix!? I flipped out and lost it. I was pissed off big time. Felt like my entire world fell on top of me. Over a cake and a doughnut. 
I even ended up throwing a glass that I hated just to get it out of my house. Tired of not having things I want. Uuugh, anyway,  I went to bed after dinner and woke up about an hour or so ago and was still very angry about this stupid cake/doughnut thing, that I wrote my husband a letter asking why of all the stupid nights he chose tonight to change up the way we buy doughnuts it has to be tonight of all nights. 
I am mad at myself for being so angry over something so stupid and silly. But, at the same time, how difficult is it to buy a cake and doughnuts and why is it that I'm only asking for baked goods and I still can't "have my way" I'm not asking for a million dollar house or a $500,000 dollar necklace. 
I just wanted a piece of cake for tonight and a stupid doughnut with my coffee in the morning.