ANNOYED RANT

My mother in law took it upon herself to call my SO and tell him that she hates the name I chose for my baby if it is a girl. I fell in love with the name Juniper because something inside me just clicked when I heard it and screamed "THIS IS IT, THIS IS THE NAME THAT I CAN SEE MYSELF CALLING THE LITTLE BEING THATS WIGGLING IN MY TUMMY." Something inside me said, this is the name and no other names compare to the connection I feel towards this name. THAT BEING SAID, when my mother in law (whom I have only met once in the 3 years I've been with my SO) called him BASHING the name I chose, it PISSED ME OFF. For someone I have only met once, to call and think they have a say in what I am naming my child (who she will see MAYBE once a year if she makes the effort to fly over to our state to see the baby) I feel like she has no right to try and change my SO's mind. Not even talk to me about it!! Just call him and try and wedge her opinion between us. Then, my SO's sister (whom again, I have only net ONCE the entire time I've been with my SO) called right after that and told my SO that she also thought it was a horrible name and said "Do you even know what juniper is? Its a tree. You really are going to name your kid after a tree?" I just cant believe that these people who have never made an effort to be in our lives suddenly are coming out of the woodworks and think they have the right to give their opinion on something that should be up to us as parents. My SO stood up for me, but now he's second guessing whether he likes the name because of their rude opinions, and its making me so emotional. Okay, rant over.