Want to hop in?

Join our Community
Download Glow

PCOS/Clomid advice!!!!!!

Hello ladies! I need some advice. I went to the OBGYN today because my cycles are irregular and she did a pelvic exam and scheduled a ultra sound for Monday to check for cysts on my ovaries. I am 21 been TTC for over a year and yeah I'm overweight. So she's pretty sure I have PCOS. I've also been on Metformin 500mg since September. She said after the ultrasound we will discuss Provera for starting my period and Clomid to release an egg. My question is how many of you have done this and gotten pregnant? Also is t very expensive??? 
St
Posted at Feb 02, 2017 • 10 responses

Glow Pages: Recommendations for Women, by Women

Find fertility products, clinics, doctors

Su
Posted at Feb 15, 2017
Provera gave me TERRIBLY heavy periods with awful cramps..... clomid I had no luck. It have been having a lot better response to femera :) clomid is cheap and so is the progesterone.... for me it was with insurance 
St
Posted at Feb 13, 2017
I took provera in this last month and it really messed with my hormones but did it's job and I just finished clomid a few days ago and I had some really bad ovulation cramping. In my TWW now but mostly trying not to think about it. This is my first round of clomid. And I'm 23 been trying for 2 years now. 
Yu
Posted at Feb 03, 2017
Took provera and clomid and got pregnant first round in 14. This time it took 2 rounds of clomid and it was successful! Yay! GL!
Yu:  mucus more watery tip allow sperm to travel further*
Yu:  vitex regulates cycles to help ovulate. primrose and robitussin,TTC make cervical
St:  Do you think any of those things helped a lot? What do they do?
Ka
Posted at Feb 03, 2017
I have not gotten pregnant yet, but have taken both Provera and Clomid. After one round of Provera my periods started coming naturally. And am on my third round of Clomid and in my TWW. The cost of the drugs will be dependent upon your insurance but I paid almost nothing for both Provera and Clomid. 
Me
Posted at Feb 02, 2017
I have endometriosis and PCOS, they tried to get me to do Clomide and it was going to very expensive and it really messes with your emotions. I say keep the faith and keep on trying. I'm expecting my rainbow baby August 17' after 2yrs of TTC (naturally). Baby Dust your way.

Want to comment?